The Comrat State University actively participates in international programs of the student and professorial exchanges, international projects aimed to the building capacity in the context of requirements and challenges of the higher education, which integrated into international university space. This 2017-2018 academic year two Professors of the Comrat State University released Postdoc internships in frame of international funds.
The Assoc. Prof. Dr. Svetlana Ghenova of the Department of Economics is conducted Postdoc internship in frame Fulbrıght Scholar Program at Kogod School of Business (KSB) (American University (AU), US) (supported by State Department of USA) from September 1, 2017 to May 31, 2018
Photo: The bulding od Kogod School of Business, American University (Washington DC, US)
The Fulbright PostDoc internship was realized in research area of Marketing and Logistic. Dr. S. Ghenova collaborated with leaded researcher of KSU, AU on Department of Marketing Prof. J. Delaney (Research Adviser of internship, Dean KSB, AU), Prof. S. Greir (Head of the Department of Marketing KSB, AU) and others Professors
The main result achieved in frame of internship is:
-participating on seven International scientific conferences and forums (IMF’s Fifth Statistical Forum – “Measuring the Digital Economy”, The 2017 5th annual Transatlantic Economic Forum, Empirical Management Conference at the World Bank, 2018 Ann Ferren Conference (AU), 6th International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship 2018 (UDC) and others);
-Publishing of scientific research work: Presentation of the chapter "Marketing Substantiation of Efficiency of Product Policy of Medium-size Wineries in Moldova" for a review for the publishing in textbook "Strategic Optimization of Medium-Sized Enterprises in the Global Market"; Publishing of the of the Monography "Marketing of the product policy of the wineries in export-oriented Moldovan economy»
-Attending and teaching to classes: New Product management, Social marketing, Understanding the Marketplace, Branding
- Applying to small grants: Outreach Lecturing Fund (Bluefield College VA, Centenary University, NJ);
- Educating more than 20 scientific profile and SOFT learning seminars;
- Participation on the academically-focused Teaching, Learning & Innovation Summer Institute (Georgetown University)
Photo: The open lecture of Marketing in Centarary University conducted by Dr. Svetlana Ghenova in frame of Outreach lecturing Fund (New Jursey, US)
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vadim Sirkeli, Head of Dept. of IT, Mathematics and Physics is conducted his PostDoc internship in the Institute for Microwave Engineering and Photonics, Darmstadt University of Technology (Darmstadt, Germany) in period from 1st September 2016 to 28th February 2018 in frame of Georg Forster Fellowship for Experienced Researchers funded by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
Photo: Dr.-Ing. Shihab Al-Daffaie, Prof. Dr. Eng. Dr.-Ing. h.c. mult. Hans L. Hartnagel, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Franko Küppers, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vadim Sirkeli, PD Dr.-Ing. habil. Oktay Yilmazoglu. Institute for Microwave Engineering and Photonics, TU Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vadim Sirkeli collaborated with Host Professors and their research groups: Prof. Dr. Eng. Dr.-Ing. h.c. mult. Hans Ludwig Hartnagel (Research Group “Microwave electronics”) and Prof. Dr.-Ing. Franko Küppers (Research Group “Photonics and Optical Communications”). The subject of research of Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vadim Sirkeli is: “Study of wide-bandgap semicunductor structures for applications in photonics and high frequency electronics”.
As result of research activities of Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vadim Sirkeli the 5 papers in international peer-review journals referred by SCCOPUS and ISI WEB OF SCIENCE were published:
- V.P. Sirkeli, O. Yilmazoglu, S. Preu, F. Küppers, and H.L. Hartnagel, “Proposal for a Monolithic Broadband Terahertz Quantum Cascade Laser Array Tailored to Detection of Explosive Materials,” Sensor Letters, vol. 16, no. 1, 2018, pp. 1-7. DOI: 10.1166/sl.2018.3919.
- V.P. Sirkeli, O. Yilmazoglu, A.S. Hajo, N.D. Nedeoglo, D.D. Nedeoglo, S. Preu, F. Küppers, and H.L. Hartnagel, “Enhanced Responsivity of ZnSe-Based Metal–Semiconductor–Metal Near-Ultraviolet Photodetector via Impact Ionization,” Physica Status Solidi (RRL) - Rapid Research Letters, vol. 12, no. 2, 2018, Art. No. 1700418 (5 pages). DOI: 10.1002/pssr.201700418.
- V.P. Sirkeli, O. Yilmazoglu, D.S. Ong, S. Preu, F. Küppers, H.L. Hartnagel, “Resonant Tunneling and Quantum Cascading for Optimum Room-Temperature Generation of THz Signals,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 3482-3488, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/TED.2017.2718541.
- V.P. Sirkeli, O. Yilmazoglu, F. Küppers, H.L. Hartnagel, “Room-temperature terahertz emission from ZnSe-based quantum cascade structures: A simulation study,” Physica Status Solidi (RRL) - Rapid Research Letters, vol. 11, no. 3, 2017, Art. No. 1600423 (4 pages). DOI: 10.1002/pssr.201600423.
- V.P. Sirkeli, O. Yilmazoglu, S. Al-Daffaie, I. Oprea, D.S. Ong, F. Küppers, H.L. Hartnagel, “Efficiency enhancement of InGaN/GaN light-emitting diodes with pin-doped GaN quantum barrier”, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, vol. 50, no. 3, 2017, Art. No. 03510 (13 pages). DOI: 10.1088/1361-6463/50/3/035108.
The results of research activities were reported in National and International Conferences, as well as Conferences and Forums organized by AvH Foundation:
- V.P. Sirkeli, O. Yilmazoglu, S. Al-Daffaie, S. Preu, F. Küppers, H.L. Hartnagel, “1.33 THz room-temperature quantum cascade lasers based on ZnMgSe/ZnSe”. 42th International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves - IRMMW-THz 2017, Cancún, México, 28 August - 1 September, 2017. Paper No.: RD.28.
- V.P. Sirkeli, O. Yilmazoglu, S. Al-Daffaie, I. Oprea, D.S. Ong, F. Küppers, H.L. Hartnagel, “Resonant tunneling transport in ZnxBe1-xSe/ZnSe/ZnyBe1-ySe asymmetric quantum structures”. SPIE Microtechnologies Conference - Conference EMT104 - Nanotechnology VIII, Barcelona, Spain; 8-10 May, 2017, Art. No. 1024811.
- Network Meeting of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 5-8 October 2016, Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany.
- Annual Meeting of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 28-30 June 2017, Berlin, Germany.
- AvH Study Tour, 14-27 August 2017, Germany.
- Workshop Humboldt-Kolleg-Chisinau 2017: « Multidisciplinarity in Modern Science for the Benefit of Society», 21-22 September 2017, Chisinau, Moldova.
- 7th Bonn Humboldt Awards Winners’ Forum „From storage problems to conversion – international conference on chemistry research on renewable energy”, 11-14 October 2017, Bonn, Germany.
Photo: Prof. Dr. Eng. Hans L. Hartnagel and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vadim Sirkeli (left), and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vadim Sirkeli and First Vice-President of Moldovan Academy of Sciences Academician Prof. Dr. Ion Tiginyanu. SPIE Conference – Nanotechnology VIII, 8-10 May 2017, Barcelona, Spain.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vadim Sirkeli gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (Germany).
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Svetlana Ghenova gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Fulbright Programme (State Department of USA)